Sunday 4 October 2015

THE BIG IMPACT

THE BIG IMPACT
times in our life, we would be afraid of doing something because of sheer obstacles. These obstacles can be anything. Sometimes they are created by others and sometimes they are created by our own self, when we form some preconceived opinions about our inability of doing something, long before we actually start doing it. But life is the best teacher and it teaches us many great lessons in the course of this journey. Many times, we do not realize what impact a small incident can have on our life and on our entire perspective towards it. It was a very small incident, but it gave me a priceless life lesson. A lesson of ‘Get Going’. It happened when I was a small kid. I always had an inclination towards sketching, paintings, drawings etc. Even in school I used to watch other kids draw and paint and it always intrigued me. But no matter how much I wanted to hold those crayons and paint-brushes to draw something myself, I never had the courage to do so. I always had this fear of embarrassment that I won’t be able to draw as good as others. So, solely on the basis of my prejudices for myself, I never tried something which I really wanted to do and which would have given me immense happiness. Even if I had to draw something on my notebook, I asked my mother to do it for me. Time passed and I never got an opportunity to overcome this fear. But then one day I had to draw a doll in my notebook. As usual I asked my mom to do it for me but she was busy with some work so she denied it. After some time, I insisted her again but she denied and told me to do my work myself. And sometimes all we need is a little push. Having no other option, I started drawing myself. At first, it seemed to be really difficult (considering that I have never drawn before), but after a lot of efforts I finally completed it and I was completely overwhelmed when I looked at it. It was not a very good drawing but it was not a very bad one too. But the most important reason of my happiness was that I was finally able to do something which I liked but was never able to do before. I had this feeling of joy that came from accomplishing a dream, even if it was a very small one. The feeling of finally overcoming my fear of embarrassment and doing something which I always wanted to do. That day I learned a very important thing. There will be times when we will be afraid of doing something and the reason will not always be embarrassment. Sometimes we won’t be able to live our dreams for the sense of disappointment, sometimes because of judgments of others  and sometimes because of the fear of failure. But we must learn to overcome everything that comes in our way of accomplishing something. In the course of life, there won’t be always others who will let us down but it can be our own fear too. The only thing that prevents us from moving further is our own prejudices for ourselves. We must never think of giving up on something before doing it just because we are afraid of its result because the result can be positive too. And even if it is not as we expected it to be, there is no need of getting disappointed because at least we tried. And we must never stop trying because usually the reason that will stop you won’t be very small. Most of the time it will be too difficult, too scary. But once you stop, then only you will realize how hard it is to start again.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Madam your content is good and why did you stop writing

    ReplyDelete